Eliminates Overreaching for the Mouse
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right make reaching for your mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further you have to reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. The Evoluent Essentails Compact Keyboard eliminates this potential risk factor by eliminating the built-in numeric keypad.
Full Size Keycaps and Spacing
- Standard sized keycaps and key pitch (the space between the keys) results in no learning curve when transferring keyboarding skills to this keyboard. On most compact keyboards, the function (F1-F12), cursor/arrow (↑↓←→) and modifier keys (ALT/CTRL/SHIFT) are usually smaller than normal resulting in keying errors and frustration. This is not the case on this keyboard where all 84 standard keys preserve all touch typing skills previously acquired.
- Hotkeys provide one touch access to common feature including Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, Web, E-mail, Computer, Mute, Volume Down, Volume Up, Sleep, and Turn Off.
Tactile Raised 'Bumps'
- Positional feedback is provided on this keyboard on more than just the traditional 'F' and 'J' keys. A combination of raised 'dots' and raised 'ridges' on a variety of keys provide significant relief surface feedback to the fingertips which aid touch typists and reduce the frequency of looking down to correctly target specific keys. Here is a complete list of the the tactile indicators
Ultra-Thin Neutral Profile
- The extremely low profile (key tops are only 0.4" or 1 cm off the top of the desk) eliminate the possibility of wrist extension (i.e. bending 'up' at the wrist) when using this keyboard. The neutral profile ensures that all keys are at the same height, unlike most keyboards which have a positive profile resulting in the function row being significantly higher than the bottom row on the keyboard (even with the legs at the back not deployed).