The XK-12 USB 12 Switch Interface from X-keys can convert input from any contact closure switch into a USB HID command. If features six switch ports which use standard 3.5mm stereo mini jack audio connectors. Because stereo mini is dual channel, a total of twelve switches can be connected by using 3.5mm Y-adapters, available separately. You can use any 3.5mm terminating switch you want, or you can choose from a selection of hand- and foot-operated options from X-keys. Input from the switch can be mapped to any mouse, keyboard, game controller, or other USB HID command. Plus, you can program in macros for keyboard shortcuts like Close, Minimize, Save, or even frequently-used text strings. Free programming software is available from the X-keys website for Windows and OS X to assist in configuration, and SDKs are available for software developers.
- Universal Driverless Operation
- The XK-12 can be used with any computer that has a USB port and a USB HID-compatible operating system; this includes Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android
- Programming Assistant Software
- X-keys provides free tools downloadable from their website to assist you in programming the XK-12. For Windows they offer MacroWorks 3.1 and for OS X they offer ControllerMate. In addition, SDKs (software developer kits) are available with support for multiple programming languages for Windows, Linux, Android, and Raw HID, the latter supporting any language and OS
- Convenient Mounting Flanges
- Two holes allow you to screw the XK-12 down for fixed installation, such as under a desk